Old 03-27-17, 09:15 AM
therhodeo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Improving very slowly. Any input on my training would be appreciated.

I've ridden since 2010. Lost a huge pile of weight, got semi-fit, etc. Last year was my first solid year of training and racing. Did 2 races. Repeated one of them this past weekend. Last year I got dropped on the first lap. This year I got dropped on the 2nd lap of 2 when they surged on a hill. Felt like I was in it to race this year up until that point as opposed to last year where I was just surviving. This year I knew I was suffering some before I got dropped but I had a sudden onset of cramps after chasing a split down and catching them just at the base of the hill where I lost contact.

So I need advice on ways to accelerate or optimize my training. I feel like I have plenty of time in my week to really get some good race fitness. Also I do not have a power meter and assume for now that I never will (budget) Currently I'm doing

M - Off
T - 90m z2
W - Hard day. Early on I was doing 8m intervals. Later doing 1m.
Th- 90m z2
F - 90m z2 with some 3x30s/30s high cadence spins
S - Either a hard group ride or 3 hours trainer riding. On the trainer I was doing 2x20, 3x8, 1h z2.
Sun - 3h z2 on the trainer

So basically assume I have 90m on the trainer on weekdays and 3 hours or so on each weekend day.