View Single Post
Old 06-02-19, 02:47 PM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4456 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 157 Posts
BOO YAH.

Yesterday mock 5K TT and today mock 10K TT, both on the same flat-terrain course at 5100ft elevation up in the Lockwood Valley.

Landed like a feather both days on my exact-to-the-watt power target, totally on top of my game and in control of the efforts. They were miserable by the end, don't get me wrong. But I executed both of them exactly according to how I planned to execute them. Sweet.

Both efforts were only a 4-5% decrement from what I've already done in workouts at my normal training altitude (1200 ft), which for me is great, I am particularly bad at altitude. I knocked about 30 sec off my qualifying 5K time and about 1:30 off my qualifying 10K time, both of which were raced at sea level a year ago. This was with no aero anything- no disc, a shallow 30mm front wheel, no aero helmet, no visor, no shoe covers, my slow shoes, exposed skin on my arms, no skinsuit, a headlight, tail light, bottle cage, saddle bag, stuff in my jersey pockets. Actual races will be at higher altitude and likely warmer temps, and I'll be more rested, so its reasonable to expect even faster times on race day.

Who knows what it will take to podium these races, but at least I know going in that I am very well prepared and exactly where I would hope to be right now. #bringiton

PS Thanks coach!
Likes For Heathpack: