Old 02-07-20, 03:00 PM
Welshboy
PBP Ancien (2007)

Bikes: Cannondale CAADX (for commuting), Cannondale CAAD12, Cannondale CAAD12 Team CNCPT, Giant Contend 2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked 156 Times in 106 Posts
An eventful start this morning. Less than four minutes into my 10-mile ride this morning I got hit by a car. Nothing hurts and nothing is broken.

Early morning and still dark and my bike was lit up like a Christmas tree. I was cycling on the footpath attempting to cross a busy roundabout and as I approached the unmarked crossing (i.e. where the kerb drops to allow wheelchair users and pushchairs to cross) a motorist stopped and I thought that's good of him. I looked away from him to make sure that no one was about to overtake him (it does happen right there) and as I crossed he just drove into me. I dabbed one foot down and pirouetted around and despite a right old clatter I stayed upright and no damage was done (I did turn the air blue though). 50/50 blame I guess but I do think he was a bit selfish in not allowing me to cross. I guess he was running late or just more important than a cyclist!