Old 04-29-20, 09:03 AM
Cypress
Globo Gym lifetime member

Bikes: Fast ones

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Liked 614 Times in 306 Posts
I went out into the dead-flat farmlands to do a 4x10 Sweet Spot in my aero road tuck last night. I was just about done with my second interval when a bullet passed within 7' of my head... It had seemed to come from a house that was 120 yards away, and there was nothing else for at least a mile. I bugged out and boogied down a road to get away from the area. I stopped another cyclist from heading that direction and as I was telling him what was going on when a sheriff deputy just happened to be driving towards us. I told the deputy what had happened and gave him my info. He seemed to know the house in question and told me he wasn't going to go knock on their door because they are "law enforcement unfriendly" and would just tell him to "f*ck off" (his words). I've been shot at a few times at various distances (intentionally and by accident), and it was without a doubt a bullet from a small-caliber firearm.

I totally understand that people need to be caught "in the act" when it comes to crimming, but damn, man... A human, with all seriousness and experience, just said "I got shot at 4 minutes ago right there from that house" and the LEO's were low-low like "yeah, those guys are mean to us, so... *shrug* ...we have your info. Thanks bye."

Still finished my workout though.