Old 08-03-20, 01:05 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by abshipp
Ah that's good to know about super-zoom lenses. The lighter the lens the better, too, since it will be going on a pretty compact mirrorless body.

She can get pretty much all of the close-up stuff she wants with the 18-55, an example of where it fell a bit short is on our recent trip up north where she was trying to get a shot of a frog but the lens wouldn't get her quite as close as she wanted. But like I said, I don't really see her being too stoked on carrying two lenses, but maybe she would if it would open up a whole lot more possibilities.

Ah, okay. Yeah, if you have two lenses with similar max magnification, but at significantly different focal lengths, you won't get any closer visually, but you can be further away physically - this is known as giving you a longer 'working distance.' This is great for instances when you can't or don't want to get physically closer to your subject.

The tele would open up a lot. It's not going to be that cumbersome, either. Whether or not she takes to it is anybody's guess, though. Many love tele lenses, but it's never been my thing.
Likes For WhyFi: