MoAlpha
• —

Bikes: Shmikes

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10165 Post(s)
Liked 5,856 Times in 3,153 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
About 15 years ago a friend invited me hunting in Montana. Last day of the trip, he took me up into the mountains ("So this is it - you're going to kill me?") to show me a frozen waterfall. Totally worth it, but I had to get out of the truck and push it out of the ditch at least twice, then there was a mother moose and calf to take a picture of (pre-camera phone days), and by the time we got back to town, the phone was gone. That was in November.

In May, I get a call from some guy in Bozeman who'd found a phone, and after drying it out in rice, charged it up and called "Home". I let him keep it, since I already had a newer, nicer phone, AND because he had called to ask where to ship it.
Originally Posted by indyfabz
On the last day of a three day backpacking trip in PA I stopped to sit down against a tree. My cell phone fell out of my pocket. Several days later my mom called my land line to tell me someone from Ohio had called about my phone. A couple hiking the same trail a few days behind us had found it. The husband mailed it to me. I bought him a $40 REI gift card and mailed it to him.
There are two US government Blackberries at the bottom of tributaries of the Chesapeake Bay, due to my carelessness about fooling around on boats with them clipped to my belt. The third one went swimming sufficiently far south that the water was clear enough for me to find it, hand in the lifeless carcass, and avoid the endless memos. When iPhones were authorized, I put them in my pocket and haven’t drowned one yet.
Likes For MoAlpha: