Old 03-06-13, 08:54 PM
Cyclist0094
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind
But he threads that were complained about had NO cycling content!

The members "insulted" in that thread were not insulted enough to complain.

Dang. We're darned if we do, darned if we don't. What would you do in our situation when there are so many complaints? We are trying to please the majority. Either way we are the bad guys. We don't like to stir up negative feelings or throw a spoke in the wheels but seriously, we are up in arms here. That is why I asked if a whole new FORUM not related to Bike Forums should be started. I got no answers!! Help us out here.
Siu, My apologies if I made you feel unappreciated, that was not my intent. I very much appreciate the work you and the other moderators have done in the 10 years I have been a member here. No negative feelings on my part.

I referenced the thread in Touring to make up a point. While I was very offended by Takara's comment, I didn't push the button to complain. We all have to be adults and strive not to offend others with our comments, but at the same we all have to accept that we may not like or agree with everything we read here. As members we rely on moderators like you to weigh the content against the complaint and decide if intervention is necessary or if the complainant needs to told to lighten up or told to avoid that forum or member.

As for another forum for 50+ unrelated to cycling I see no need. You folks do a pretty good job of sweeping out the blatantly unrelated content. Just allow us a wee bit of space for life discussions

Thank you