View Single Post
Old 09-26-16, 09:06 AM
Wildrat

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Had a wreck

I had my first wreck in 32 years this past Saturday. I was 6 miles into my ride when I drifted onto the concrete curb adjacent to the asphalt road. I was looking to my left when I drifted off the road. As in most places they pave over roads till there is a substantial drop to the concrete curb, well at least in Mobile, Al. When I went to get back on road I did not turn the wheel sharp enough and the front slid out. I hit on my left side and took some damage, but my Giro Air Attack helmet saved my head, although I do have some ringing in my left ear. My jersey protected my left shoulder, so it is slightly scraped. My left arm is scraped. My left thigh has a lot of swelling and is bruised, it looks like I have a Thunder thigh, and I lost some meat on my ring finger on right hand. All this said I climbed on my bike and rode another 46 miles. I think the stress from the wreck affected my sugar (I'm Diabetic) because I drank the two bottles of liquid I had plus I had to stop and refill them at about mile 50. Usually two bottles is plenty with supplements. I will be back on my bike Tuesday morning.
On a side note I had just got released from Doc on the Friday to ride after right shoulder surgery, thankfully I landed on left. I also was in my LBS Friday and the subject of wrecks got brought up. I usually don't say anything about such things because I know what happens, well I did, and it happened. LOL I'll keep my mouth shut from now on though.