View Single Post
Old 09-27-16, 05:40 PM
Wildrat

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ShortLegCyclist
I think that's pretty reasonable. It's more than they offer on the trade in program for intact but old helmets, I think that's only 25%.

Keep in mind that the Air Attack is a good looking helmet but you don't need to spend that much on a helmet if you don't want to. Their base model will protect you just as well as their top end one will, unless you believe that the new MIPS models offered by multiple makers are worth the extra cost.

If you do believe that MIPS is worth the upgrade, this would be a good time and a good way to get into that with the discount.

Either way, I would consider whatever you paid for that Air Attack as money well spent, just the same as you might consider money spent on a good meal or a great vacation. Helmets are consumable items whose sole function is to allow you to keep living in the event of a head impact, and that one clearly did its job
Thank You! Yes, I kinda like my Air Attack, it is not a MIPS. My Air Attack is the older version, although the new version looks about the same, not unless you want one with the shield. I don't need a shield, but I do like the standard Air Attack. The discount code is good for a year. I won't be waiting no where near that long but it is nice that they keep the code good for that long.