Old 10-19-19, 12:17 PM
Metieval

Bikes: Road bike, Hybrid, Gravel, Drop bar SS, hard tail MTB

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1218 Post(s)
Liked 298 Times in 214 Posts
Originally Posted by terrymorse

As do most cyclists. However, most experienced cyclists intuitively know when to use drops for increased control. Unfortunately, there are many riders who have never learned how to use the drops and see no need to learn. They are missing out.

Which brings us back to the original theme of this thread: a large number of riders who have drop bars don't know how to use them effectively. They might as well cut them off below the brake clamp.
Using the Drops also engages the Glutes. No different than standing involves different muscles.

guys that argue Drops puts more strain on the body, are the guys that Don't engage that muscle group often enough. Poor training, along with bad bicycle fit.

I can ride longer in the drops, because my largest muscle is being used. Then again it's nice to have a fit where I can ride in many positions. It's also nice to have a fit where my saddle is just a perch rather than a place to plop my butt down.

I would wager that the majority of cyclist don't have core strength to go along with there ill fitting bicycles. but hey they trained to fit on an ill fitting bicycle, so that is what feels good to them. They'll never know different, because of habits being hard to break.
Likes For Metieval: