View Single Post
Old 02-23-20, 08:22 PM
Manny66 

Bikes: 1973 Colnago Super, Litespeed Classic , Automoto , Pinarello Gavia TSX,Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra,Eddy Merckx EMX-5 , 1982 Moser SL, Concorde TSX, Vitus 979 KAS. Diamant SLX,60's Meteor

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked 947 Times in 327 Posts
Originally Posted by JimmyNH
I found something really amusing on their website - a "Wall of shame". WTF! Looks like if you happen to ride your bike on these roads during their crappy event, you'll end up on their website, labeled as "bandit, freeloader, thief". What am I supposed to do? Obtain somehow their route slip and stay away from these roads? Or do they post signs "road closed to bicycles"? How about they close the road to cars? Then I might try to talk myself into doing that ride.
Organizing a huge Bike Event is alot more then just water and bananas being handed out.

Insurance cost, Cost of hiring Police Personnel to marshall the roads, and City Permit Expenses for all the Cities your Event goes thru all come into play . To go out and ride a cycling Event without paying (regardless if its on Public streets) is a slap in the face to All involved.

Solvang is a Fantastic well organized Century Ride and far from "crappy".
Likes For Manny66: