Old 03-08-21, 07:21 PM
con50582

Bikes: Canyon, Giant, Norco, Bottechia, Gitane, Diamant, Scott

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 23 Posts
Originally Posted by bikemig
This will be my next build. I picked it up last year. I bought it mainly for the frame as the parts were OK but nothing special. I'll run 700 x 32c continental grand prix 4 season tires on it. I have a 46/30 IRD double and a 12-28 7 speed new winner freewheel. I'll likely use suntour barcons with cyclone mark ii derailleurs. I have a set of wheels with campy low flange hubs and matrix aurora rims that are silver. Most of the parts will be more or less period correct but not the crank.

Very nice. Frame is definitely hardest to get ahold of. That one is really cool. Sounds like a great build. Suntour cyclone is good stuff.

I used a Record FD I had and found a Shimano 600 RD to take a bigger freewheel. Used a Suntour 6 speed 14-30. I removed the Shimano label from the RD so it would be able to talk to the crank. Found a 135bcd 44t front chainring from Gephardt with the Campy 39 decent gearing. Had the Suntour superbe levers. Old Suntour is always nice to have around.

My frame is a little big but you take what you can in vintage cx. Going to race this in some Masters beer races.
Likes For con50582: