Old 04-06-21, 05:17 PM
h_curtis

Bikes: 80's Roberts road bike, Nashiki, ECR, Guerciotti and Penny Farthing

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 32 Times in 24 Posts
Okay, so I wanted to update this story a bit. I have worked two days so far and commuted my 1 1/2 hour ride each way twice. I honestly love it, but it is long after working physically in the middle. I have been scheduled hard shifts in the physical nature since I am an outsider here. My blinky was stolen while at work, so I had to make the return trip without a rear light. My shift ends at 11PM. lol. It was okay though as I am very careful knowing I am invisible to all.

I have only ridden my commuter bike with the 700x35 tires so far, but will try the road bike soon.

So far I love the commute. I had a couple of beers on the second day on the way home and that didn't work very well as I cramped up when I got home. Learning as I go.

Thanks for all the replies on here. I hope to continue to ride every day. Most people at work think I am out of my mind, but on here, it is no big deal. Nice to know a 6'2" large man of 200 lbs and 55 years of age can just ride and work hard for so long. You young people are lucky to know there are people like me out there to show you how long you can "just do it".

Enjoy all and will update as I go. I have a 3 days in a row coming up and then 4 days in a row from there on out. I think that will be pretty hard.
Likes For h_curtis: