3alarmer 
Friendship is Magic

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 304 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26425 Post(s)
Liked 10,381 Times in 7,209 Posts
Originally Posted by Charles Wahl
I can't understand why people get their knickers in a twist about adjusting a Campagnolo 2-bolt post (Record 1044). All it takes is a long 10 mm wrench with a 12-point offset box end -- mine's by Mac Tools. Wrench access from the rear of the saddle, between the rails (B17 in my case, with a saddle bag mounted to the loops) and, having gotten the saddle in "the ballpark" by hand, do the front bolt with the wrench handle angled down, and then turn over wrench and do the rear bolt with wrench handle angled up. With this approach, you can do one "notch" in the box end for each pass. I put a finger over the top of the box end to keep it fully engaged to the hex head of the bolt. Never had a problem, and have done it on the road plenty of times (said wrench fits into said saddle bag, Acorn M/L no longer offered, apparently). No lifting of skirts or zee-shaped instruments necessary at all.

...if god had not wanted me to use a ratcheting box end wrench on these, he would not have dropped one down from Heaven, onto my wrench pegboard.