daytonian
elitist jerk

Bikes: CAAD9

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by substructure
We've been over this before, I think. I can see both sides of the issue. The one about making choices and HTFU and the one about being in too deep.

I've had to go to several NA meetings with someone real close to me. When you sit in and listen to the struggles that these people go through you get a better understanding of how hard it really is. Sometimes you can't just put things away and never look back. It's a battle, physically, mentally, spiritually.

Some of us can easily put these demons aside and move on. Others cannot - no matter how hard they try.

We all have things that we struggle with. Maybe it's food. Maybe it's drugs. Maybe it's a sexual addiction. We can't judge and say, "Just stop, stupid" until we have walked in that person shoes.

I'm watching someone close to me slowly die from years of abuse. And even though this person knows he's going to quicken the process he still cannot let go. And it's not because he really doesn't want to. He can't.
+1
I think leaving his daughter sucks big time but the "he should just stop" stuff is easier said than done especially if the guy has some psych issue to top it off.
It may not be addiction but some of the road hours guys put on their bikes here and aren't on a DS's payroll makes one wonder.