View Single Post
Old 06-30-20, 06:19 AM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3459 Post(s)
Liked 1,465 Times in 1,143 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz
I’ll bet you guys look both ways before crossing the street. Live a little. But I did test fire the stove. After all, I’m not crazy.
Couple years ago while testing one of my liquid fuel stoves at home before my trip, tank would not hold pressure. Eventually decided it needed a new filler cap gasket, and this is not the 70s any more, no local stores stock small parts like that. So, a different stove went on that trip.

Originally Posted by indyfabz
My stuff sack reads "SL 2," and the drawstring looked factory-tied. It was ordered on line and shipped from an REI distribution warehouse, so I doubt it has ever been out of the sack since it was originally put in. But you never know.
A couple decades ago I was buying my first solo tent, I asked an REI employee if I could set it up on the floor in the store to see how big it was inside. Store was not very busy, he said sure and helped me. We got it set up and found several dead tree leaves inside the tent. He immediately said that I would get 20 percent off.
Likes For Tourist in MSN: