Old 11-01-19, 06:42 AM
stormpeakco

Bikes: Fatback Corvus 1X12 (27.5X 2.8" & winter 26X 4.6"), Merlin Agilis 1X11

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveSSS
Chorus 12 is a great option if you don't want or need the lowest weight group. Functionally, there's no difference between Chorus and the higher level groups. The shift lever are now made of black coated aluminum, instead of carbon fiber and the crank lacks the fancy clear coat finish of Record and SR. Chorus offers a new 48/32 crank and an 11-34 cassette, which is what I chose for the steep hills in norther Colorado. The hills on my rides are far worse than most mountain slopes. I got my groups from pinkjersey.com.
Roger that, and thanks.
One day I'm favoring Chorus 2X12 (48/32-11/32) and the next morning I'm back to ponderin' the 1X idea with plus rims/tubeless...plenty of hills on our side of the divide tho I've been riding the fatty on 4.6" wide rubber & some XC skiing (LOL, October snowfall has set all records so there is plenty of time for a decision during the 2nd half of ski/skin/tele/classic/skate/snowshoe/fatty season).
(lastly, as a new member/reader I'm struck how some (many) of these thread posts have become a blood in the water, snark fest).

Last edited by stormpeakco; 11-01-19 at 06:48 AM.