Old 04-15-20, 08:05 PM
Arthur Peabody

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked 110 Times in 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Bigbus
If push comes to shove there's always the drill.
This won't work if the pedal is bonded (welded?) into the crank arm.

Originally Posted by Rogerogeroge
If you don't mention it, we gotta ask if you know the left pedal is lefty-tighty.
I've been changing pedals for 50 years, both left and right. As I mentioned in my second message, I removed both pedals of another bike a few minutes later.

You say you know how to deal with stuck threads. You say you know how to do it. Some people have good suggestions and you've tossed them aside. What else have you tried besides your biggest wrench?
It's the owner's call. He had to go. I don't want to promise him that I'll succeed when I can't. We're not friends, just neighbors. He's 45 years younger, so we may not read each other well.

yes, it's possible for a pedal to be unremovable.
In the sense that it was made that way, rather than corroded on?

Originally Posted by Trakhak
In 15 years of working in bike stores, I only ever encountered one pedal that almost beat me.
These are bikes people bring into shops. This fellow is riding around with 1 pedal, seems to think that's okay. I think he'll ride on 1 pedal, or junk it, before he takes it to a shop. It's a throwaway bike. Some cranks are made so you can't remove the chain rings. Some hubs are made so you can't remove the cogs.