Bike Forums - View Single Post - Looking to upgrade wheels, but I need 1 red rim and 1 blue rim
Old 05-08-20, 09:29 PM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Liked 203 Times in 153 Posts
Right now there are Chris King campy hubs going cheap, I nearly picked up a set for 400 front and rear but they couldn't be made thru-axle which is a requirement for me. You could get red and blue that way. Harder will be the spokes, Soma offers colored spokes but they're only available in straight gauge and you can pick them up here https://www.bmxguru.com/collections/...tainless-steel for a decent price cut to length. I've ordered colored spokes from him several times. My son's road bike has red spokes and nipples and he loves it.
Best spoke nipples IMHO if you want colored are wheel fanatyk, don't know of colored nipples that are brass, just aluminum and these don't strip out though you'll have to buy another spoke wrench. I just finished a set of wheels with them today; blue hubs and green nipples with black spokes and rims. Although what you're doing isn't to my taste I can see how it will be cool to look at, as I pass you.