View Single Post
Old 05-18-20, 05:28 AM
Morelock

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked 50 Times in 37 Posts
The Omnium was a pretty good crank with the caveats - a.) you were buying new and b.) you could live with the bottom bracket.
For the price, you could buy a used track crank that was much better (still true) with and spare yourself the mega Exo.

My guess is other than speccing them on bikes, SRAM probably didn't sell tons of them. Hipsters would rather have 110/130bcd and trackies are already a small market with pretty stiff (free pun) crankset competition (and you lose a big % of that market solely on the fact that a lot of those folks are going to be looking for crank based power)

E-sports are insane, the big teams players are literally rock stars selling out packed stadiums. Unfortunately it is a toxic/predatory community for many... similar to bike racing - sure the real pro's make some money (and in e sports cases... real money) but the vast, vast majority of the (kids for the most part) "pros" are living 5-10+ people deep in some dude's condo that they've signed a contract with to give some crazy % of their "possible" winnings, living very unhealthy lifestyles with 12-16 hour days with very little breaks and as Carleton said...very high stress. Twitch / Streaming has helped, but still... it's not all "getting fat paid to play video games."

(I actually lived in a house where me and 3 friends paid rent/food/gas running bots in Diablo2 and selling high end items in Everquest. The good old days...)
Likes For Morelock: