View Single Post
Old 05-19-20, 10:13 AM
topflightpro

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1851 Post(s)
Liked 678 Times in 429 Posts
USAC is a non-profit. And here are their recent financial records: https://www.usacycling.org/index.php...al-information

Looks like about 42% of their revenue comes from membership fees, while about 44.5% comes from races fees and events. And given the information shared during the USAC webinar about implementing social distancing at races, it seems very unlikely that any races will happen this year. If that's the case, we can assume USAC is looking at probably a 50% drop in revenue this year. (This is a guess on my part. I know some events did occur before the pandemic shut things down, so they did not lose all of their race revenue, but I am guessing they are losing at least 90 percent of it, plus I am expecting that membership revenue will also be down some as not everyone joins or renews at the start of the year.)

I know USAC announced they had furloughed quite a bit of staff to cut costs, and membership and event services seem to account for about half their costs, so I suspect costs will be down quite a bit too. Still, I'm not sure they could afford to refund membership fees and continue operating beyond this year.
Likes For topflightpro: