Bike Forums - View Single Post - Lori Loughlin to plead guilty in college admissions scandal
Old 05-22-20, 04:55 AM
Clyde1820

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked 144 Times in 115 Posts
I'm wondering ... If it's a private institution, private staffers (not "officials"), and a private transaction (despite its seedy nature of undermining legitimacy), what's the statutory infraction? How would it differ from, say, "bribing" the nearby high school kid to mow our lawn this weekend instead of the lawn over at the Johnsons'? Hm. Fraud, I'm assuming, and damaging the prospects of others because of corrupting the process.

That said, I can't abide undermining the legitimacy of a school, the so-called "standards" the school operates under, and all of that. Others have been injured by failure to get considered, because "fluffs" like this twit's daughter got in instead. But then, if they were the injured parties, then they'll be the recipients of any cash obtained from the case ... right?

Yeah.

Good day to ride, today. A bit warmer, breezier, no rain. All the better to take one's mind off the mindless "news" out there.