Old 05-27-20, 08:34 AM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
Bike Trip Status Update......Everything's cancelled!!!

I've enjoyed riding different places and doing bike trips. My wife is a terrific sag person and likes to travel so that opens up all kinds of possibilities.

My first bike trip for the year was to ride the Natchez Parkway with the wife sagging......Covid shut down the facilities. Hopefully we can still squeeze it in as things open back up and before it gets too hot, although the heat might be fine the way things are going!
My second bike trip was Ride the Rockies in June. I was looking forward to riding the million dollar highway again from Ridgway to Durango (through Ouray) but the event has been postponed until June, 2021.
I talked my friends into doing Triple Bypass in July but it's postponed until 2021.
My third bike trip was Bike Maine in the Katahdin area in September. The event has been postponed until September, 2021.
My 4th bike trip is Cycle NC which is a 7 day supported ride from the mountains to the coast the first of October. The organizers still have it as a go for now but the 2nd Covid wave for this fall might just take it out.....

All our normal larger organized rides in the Southeast have been cancelled.

I'm glad they are postponing the events. Heck, I'm not even ready to go back to eating in restaurants any time soon!! Just a sign of the times!!

So, starting to play with the idea of some 2 day/1 night self supported rides from the house just to do something different. The idea would be to ride to somewhere about 100 miles away, spend the night and ride back home the next day. Or maybe do either 2 consecutive 100 mile days or a one day 200 miler to the NC coast where my sister has a condo. It sounds like the Silver Comet and Chief Ladiga Trail have opened back up so that could also be a possibility but I've already checked that one of the list a couple of times already.

I was looking at riding from Bar Harbor to Key West but it sounds like routing might be an issue through some heavily traveled areas.

Maybe we'll just to the GAP/C&O in September to replace Bike Maine????

If you have some ideas of bike rides I might look at doing please share!