View Single Post
Old 05-29-20, 03:35 PM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2739 Post(s)
Liked 971 Times in 794 Posts
Originally Posted by jefnvk
What I have done on bike tours by myself is completely different than what I do on bike trips with my wife. Tip: don't plan a trip you want to do, plan a trip she wants to do and incorporate elements you enjoy. When taking new people you haven't traveled with, definitely don't make it a dream trip for you, because if they don't enjoy it, you're SOL.

My wife likes riding rail-trails, so that is largely what we do. No camping, stay in cute B&Bs or such, she gets a shower every night, we get a prepared breakfast and don't have to pack crap up before leaving, then we turn the day into a 45-60 mile rail trail type ride. It is what she enjoys doing on a bike so she stays content, I get time to stop at bars or points of interest so I have a good time. She had no interest in bike camping in Iceland with me when I went in 2017, so she didn't come and I didn't try to make her.

Lovely ride. The wife and I did the majority of it in 2018, nothing but good things to say (other than it was 95F every day...).

smart advice dude