View Single Post
Old 10-22-19, 11:47 AM
Barry2 
LR÷P=HR

Bikes: 1981 Holdsworth Special, 1993 C-dale MT3000 & 1996 F700CAD3, 2018 Cervelo R3 & 2022 R5, JustGo Runt, Ridley Oval, Kickr Bike 8-)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 867 Post(s)
Liked 1,205 Times in 694 Posts
Hi from East Bay (SF Bay Area)

OK, I've been kicking around here for a couple three weeks and figured time to stop in and say hello, formally.

My name is Barry, as suggested by my username. Originally from Harlow Essex in the UK. Where at 17 I was a member of the Harlow Cycling club, we even had our own velodrome with wooden banking at 45 degrees.... Really!
Enjoyed many a club run on a Sunday morning and the weeknight TT's, a 10 mile loop of the most hilly miles you'll ever see. But all 10 in the English countryside and very pretty.

left the UK 30 years ago and came to the San Francisco East Bay Area, brought my Holdsworth Special that I built in 1979 with me, but never really got back on it.
Mid 1990's I did get a mountain bike (Cannondale F700) and rode from time to time then it disappeared ?

Fast forward to 25 years to 2019, lost a bunch of weight, found an F700 upstairs under an old bed sheet, along with a Holdsworth in need of some TLC, BB, lower gears and grease. Rode the F700 while I worked on the Holdsworth.

Just purchased a 2011 61cm R3 as a size experiment. Wow comfortable ride compared to Vintage Steel!

Moving forward, I'm looking to pick up speed and stamina until I can keep up with one of the many local shop/club rides in the East Bay / Concord CA area.

All the best

I think I'll like it here !

Barry

I miss my old UK Biking buddy.... just in case he's listening.... Tony are you still riding the Roberts ?