Old 05-18-20, 06:19 AM
Tony P.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Liked 281 Times in 162 Posts
I don't know why anyone wouldn't recognize riding a bike on roads is multiple times more dangerous than riding in a car. There are 6 million auto accidents annually. A car weighs 100 times a bike, occupants wear seat belts, have air bags, and are encased in steel. Yet 3 million people are injured in auto accidents annually. All a rider wear is a helmet. When a bike interacts with a car, the car wins 100% of the time.

Bicycle trips account for 1% of all road use, yet there are approx. 470,000 bike injuries annually according to the CDC. So, auto injuries 3 million on 99% of trips; bike injuries 470,000 on 1% of trips. That makes bike riders 15X more prone to injury than auto riders and that doesn't adjust to auto accidents with multiple injuries..

No thanks; I get all the enjoyment I need on trails.

I had an accident due to a car coming from the opposite direction, totally unavoidable. At the hospital, the doctor told me the previous person on the gurney was also riding a bike when someone opened a car door.

There are millions of drivers out there who aren't concerned about cyclists and I don't want to meet them.

Everyone, please ride on roads so I have the trails to myself.

Last edited by Tony P.; 05-18-20 at 06:53 AM.