Old 09-14-19, 10:24 AM
Old Fireleg

Bikes: '76 Colnago Super NR,'83 Romani Aero KL/SP SR, '85 Mino Denti Aero Master CR, '86 ALAN Cyclo-cross DA, '89 Bottecchia SLX CR, '90 Colnago Master Piu CR

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 48 Posts
Originally Posted by VintageTTfan
This is a fantastic post. There is so much excellence that it is hard to know where to begin. I will start with my favorite which is the first Colnago Master in the orange cream color. The paint color is gorgeous and the pattern is cool and it makes a great effect. Look at those lugs! It looks almost like the Arabesque....beautiful. This is why lugs are so much a part of the aesthetic of a bicycle. And look at the color of the downtube shifters! And look at the shape of the tubing. Next to really wow comes the disc wheels. They are awesome for their clever design which matches the frame paint patterns and makes the whole bike look sensational.

The second Colnago has an interesting paint job but what stands out for me is that very cool Campy disc wheel with the four holes. It looks very cool and must be very rare I would imagine. I am afraid to see the price tag on one of these wheels. The Cinelli TT is a bit more ordinary looking but is a fantastic bike I am sure...I do not see very many Cinelli TT's. Someone correct me if I am wrong. I love that saddle for sure. Thank you for the fantastic post and please be sure and post some more TT's in the future. It will help make this thread great.

Thanks for your kind words!

From your topic opener fantastic Paletti Ghibli's handlebar tape reminded me of this other beauty what I've seen before.

Colnago Super/Mexico TT

...and a Master track again with same paint work:

I'll push two other beauties here.A Renaissance Bottecchia (after the Florence Cathedral) and a bold Bianchi. These bikes are obviously not as efficient as Moser's 51.151 bike, but they are very attractive in their aesthetics.

Likes For Old Fireleg: