Old 03-10-20, 05:49 AM
BentRider56

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
#I_Record

Originally Posted by denada
i got a gopro session. it's a gopro hero 4 in a 1.5 inch cube. it cost me almost nothing. i record everything. 1080, 30fps. i'm not 100 percent sure why. in case of an accident to some extent, but that's not the real reason. the video is amazing. especially cutting through downtown chicago at night. i find it beautiful. i'm not sure what to do with the footage yet. it's quickly filling up terabytes of external storage. i'm a photographer -- with a focus on street -- so it's some sort of instinct. i'll make a project out of it. i don't have direction yet.

do you record? if so, why? with what?
I've a had a rear mounted video camera for about a decade, ever since a cyclist was found with a fractured skull, broken ribs, and a fractured pelvis, and the Resident Trooper wrote it up as "fell off bike". Medical professionals I asked said "Hit & Run". Video of an incident gives police a reason to do some work, and gives family some closure (the cyclist died). I've since added a front facing camera.
Most video files get deleted without review, but sometimes I see charismatic wildlife, or boneheaded driver behavior. Those I clip and save, or publish on Facebook. If the behavior threatens someone's life, well I'll have documentation of the encounter. Most of what I save are still frames.
But yeah, be ruthless about culling, or it WILL get too much to handle.