Old 05-14-20, 03:04 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by TassR700
You likely did this already, but check the screens and the intake to the pump. Surging is common when there is an intake blockage.
Circling back because I think that this has finally put me on to the right path.

I got the new upper assembly, put it in and it still ran just as ****ty. The surging comment made me think though - if a blockage causes surging, maybe just not having enough water would, too. I started a cycle, filmed for a minute or two, then I opened up the machine and dumped in another 6 cups of water, closed it and let it run. Lo and behold! Water started sprayin' all over the joint with the additional water.

A little more searching tells me that it could be a bad water inlet valve, but I also see that most washers fill based on time rather than relying on a float. Welp, I just replaced my kitchen faucet a month ago, put in a hands-free jobber with all of the Corona handwashing going on, and the hot water pressure has sucked, since. I had noticed that the shut-off valve was kind of wonky, so I bought a new one, but it's just been sitting around for the last month, waiting for me to get off my ass and install it. I guess I've got a good reason to, now!