View Single Post
Old 07-06-17, 02:27 PM
Maverick 13330

Bikes: 2005 GIANT STP2, 2015 ROAM3, 1993 Trek 7900 Multitrack, Critical Single Speed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony_G
Great looking and well traveled Roam you have there. The drop bars are not what I was expecting. My plan to roadify my Roam is to just put road friendly tires on it when the Crosscuts wear out. Maybe a set of Schwalbe Marathon Plus HS tires, which should be good for me as I intend to do 90% paved riding and only very light off road with zero mud riding.

About weight, my 2017 Roam 1 sized Small was 30.5# the day I brought it home, before adding any accessories. I've probably hung a good 5 or 6 pounds of tools and accessories on it since then.
Yup. For 2 years its my gravel/road bike. Last winter i Sold my MTB and bought a Cross,built a SS and another hybrid. This year i may have put only 300miles. He now have help.
Regarding the position i am very much upright on that thing.. the drop helps a lot to tuck myself for headwind. It is my rugged Gravel bike. Suspension always open to absorb those tiny bumps. Close only if i need to stand up for a long climb.