View Single Post
Old 04-29-20, 10:17 AM
Mr. 66

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1142 Post(s)
Liked 1,739 Times in 960 Posts
Originally Posted by disco_kevin30
I ended up ordering a seat tube measurement gauge. I am having to go through online vendors instead of my LBS for now and I want to accurate.

So I got the cranks on but that bolt seemed awfully close to the chain stay. I ordered a spacer but then of course came the task of removing a stripped crank.

Ordered this from eBay. I had examined the threads and they didn't look fully compromised so I gave it shot. It took some tries to get the threads to take but once they did it took the cranks off with ease. So that was good news.

Otherwise, waiting to get some more parts. I received some pedals and they are perfect. I purchased some down tube shifters as well and I may have some brakes I can use on hand, at least temporarily. The racers I have are too long of reach so I am going to with a slightly rusty dual pivots I pulled from a bike. I have some aero diacompe levers I can use with them. Only problem is the brakes are recessed so I am going to drill the fork out tonight.

The revelation about the crank really turned attitude about this around. I am excited to get it finished.
Stronglight remover, you will here from me sooon! I have some Superbe brakes that may be of interest for you as well.