Old 06-12-20, 08:34 PM
texaspandj

Bikes: '85, '86 , '87 , '88 , '89 Centurion Dave Scott Ironman.

Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1605 Post(s)
Liked 582 Times in 379 Posts
So here's the follow up to my thanking Seypat story however, I'll have to start at the beginning.
I've had 4 bikes come through my side business bike repair. 3 wsllmsrt specials and a Carbon specialized road bike. The wsllmsrt bikes fit on my cheap repair stand well enough but Not the specialized. The owner repeated what my wife said that the LBS tune-up service was 2 months out! She said she had just ridden 38 miles (in my head I was thinking, on that bike with the brakes rubbing?). Anyways she said she's gonna tell her friends about our place.
So now I'm thinking, I need a better repair stand, one that won't make me nervous. So I start compare shopping. I really didn't want to spend a lot of money but I didn't want a home stand either. So I finally find one that I think will be perfect and I like but it's pricey, for me anyway. But lo and behold a used one pops up on thebay over a hundred dollars cheaper than a new one. I was still on the fence when the ups man drives up to my place of business. My son had told me to look out for a box that he was sending me for father's day. But the ups driver had an envelope. I open it and it's from seypat .
Im not comfortable revealing what he sent me because that's his decision to tell or not but what it did more than anything, was inspire even more confidence in myself. Enough to pull the trigger on the repair stand that is perfect for me and my main business and side business.
So long story longer, Patrick and Doc in a weird way bought this for me...well them and my first music gig in over 3 months!
So thanks Seypat and rccardr.

Last edited by texaspandj; 06-12-20 at 09:14 PM.
Likes For texaspandj: