Old 06-20-20, 06:47 AM
TXsailor

Bikes: Origin-8 Lactic Acid Giant Escape 2 Centurian Lemans 12 Kuwahara Tandem 1989 Ironman Expert 1988 Ironman Master

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked 82 Times in 59 Posts
Originally Posted by texaspandj
I've posted how I never watched the tv series Miami Vice bitd and after watching a utube video of Edward James Olmos talking about his initial contact with the show made me want to watch it. So recently I purchased the first season DVD, liked it, purchased second season. I thought what the hey I'll buy the next season too. But as the kids say, they caught me slipping. The first two seasons were relatively cheap 5 or 6 bucks. But I didn't do my due diligence, and the next season is two to three times that. They got me on that one. Still contemplating getting it...
Speaking of Miami Vice, I rode mine yesterday and it gave me a great ride. I think it's funny that in spite of it being my heaviest bike , with lowest level of components, cheapest tires, worst accessories on it (saddle bag, bottle and cages) it always surprises me that it never disappoints. <There's gotta be a better/clearer way to say that @canklecat.
Anyways, which leads me to another thought. How many of y'all are making it to the (RTs) HNH in august? And if going, are you riding an Ironman? And if riding an Ironman, which one? I want to know so I can bring an Ironman that isn't the the same as someone else's.
I know @jim dandy has a Summertime Blues Ironman like me but not sure he'll make it. (Remember JD you don't have to do the full hundred and your presence would certainly be appreciated) C-Cat has a Smoke On The Water Ironman and I don't have one of those....anymore. My cycling buddy I believe is still going and he has a '88 Yellow/White straight fade Ironman Master, I don't have one of those....anymore either.
I'd like to take my '86 Classic however I'd need to change the 13-21 dura ace freewheel to 13-26 as a precautionary measure keep thinking it'll be the '88 Carbon Midnight Rider as it has a a rangey 13-28 8 speed cassette. And honestly I have no problem taking the Miami Vice with 13-26 dura ace freewheel but I would switch out to better lighter accessories.
So who's Going?
No I haven't fallen off the earth and wasn't quite blown away in the tornado but I have been sidetracked lately. As far as I know me my granddaughter and daughter will be there. I'm not going to commit to any number of miles we will ride since none of us have been able to get out much. My sister in law will probably be there too. I will probably ride my 88 purple haze my grand daughter will ride her black '89 and my daughter will ride her teal & white 87 sister in law will have her Miami Vice.