View Single Post
Old 07-13-20, 10:29 AM
sunburst

Bikes: Giant, Peugeots, Motobecanes, Kona, Specialized, Bike Friday, Ironhorse, Royal Scot, Schwinns

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked 97 Times in 52 Posts
thx for the pointer to Merlin. Those prices are indeed impressive. His size is out-of-stock in various Sidi models, but when they restock, that is the place to buy. My son noticed the extra room in the 10's also. Could have bought them at the LBS for $499 (although they didn't stock white), but that price is so far above my threshold of pain, it is like a fantasy. Jeez, you could get a helluva decent 2nd-hand steel bike for that.

I've bought Brooks saddles on sale at Chain Reaction and another English online shop, paid the shipping, and still came out ahead of US prices.

Originally Posted by mprince
I just got a pair of Genius 10 (from Merlin) to replace a 20 year old pair of Energy 2's. Very happy with the shoes, they seem to have just a bit of extra forefoot room compared to the Energy's.

Can't speak to the other shoe you are considering, but the fit should be similar - differences appear to be a carbon sole and more buckles. Very much recommend Merlin, I had to pay for shipping but it was worth it as I had the shoes in 3 days, which beats most US-based free shipping.