View Single Post
Old 01-11-20, 10:05 AM
DJJK1967

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm in the same boat as the Op, I bought two of these bikes in September 2019 especially for an 6 month cycling trip in Spain
I arrive in Spain beginning of November and start using one of the bikes and then one night I notice an recall notice on a "Cyclist Magazine" email
Brought both bikes down to a local BMC dealer on the 15/11/19 who agreed to inspect both bikes and replace forks if needed
As luck would have it only one bike is affected by the recall and it is the bike I was using first (currently has 500 km on it)
Asked the shop how long it will take and the reply "as long as it takes, could be a week, a month or longer"
Called back into the shop 3 weeks later and enquired about the recall and was told "no date has been given for the replacement fork"
I then contacted BMC directly and asked the what the time frame was for the replacement fork and eventually was told the earliest will be March 2020
Have to say I fully understand that these things happen and will take a bit of time to get rectified but am a little bit annoyed by BMCs handling of the recall for 2 reasons
1. BMC never contacted me directly, they have all my contact and bike details through their warranty registration but instead let the cycling press report the recall
What if I hadn't seen the email and was cycling around oblivious to the recall ??
2. I was expecting this to take a month or two to get fixed but to be told that that it's going to take at least 4 plus months at the minimum and that you can't use the bike until its fixed is becoming more annoying each day

Luckily as I said before only one of the bikes is affected by the recall otherwise the whole trip would have been a total nightmare rather than been just annoying