Old 12-26-15, 05:34 PM
gycho77

Bikes: Serotta steel track bike, Specialized MTB

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by taras0000
GLUE, GLUE, GLUE, GLUE! If you are caught with Tub tape on your wheels at the track, be prepared to not be allowed to ride it until you swap to glued tires or clinchers, as well receiving pissed off looks from the riders present. Tape is no substitute for a proper glue job. When it comes to track wheels, tape is a sign of laziness and inconsideration. Tape cannot fill in the voids of an imperfect rim, nor can it penetrate the base tape of a tire the way a proper glue job can. It's popular in cyclocross, because if your tape peels and you fall, you fall in dirt, and typically the riders are pretty spread out, so you're not likely to take down a whole field. On the track, the potential for injuring yourself and others is MUCH higher. People who use it on the road typically are just weekend pleasure riders who are not stressing their tires much. If you are on the track, or racing on the road, just glue your tires. This has been discussed so many times that I'm surprised it still comes up.
I'm really sorry about discussing again.
I will fix my mistake immediately. Thank you for telling me this.
Can you tell me a good way to glue tubular tires on aluminum rims?
I cannot find any video with aluminum rims.
Thanks