View Single Post
Old 08-08-17, 10:14 AM
BluesDawg
just keep riding

Bikes: 2018 Black Mountain Cycles MCD,2017 Advocate Cycles Seldom Seen Drop Bar, 2017 Niner Jet 9 Alloy, 2015 Zukas custom road, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB, 1980ish Fuji S-12S

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 22 Posts
My new Cosmic Stallion was delivered yesterday to the shop where I work. I built it up in stock configuration and weighed it. Not a lightweight bike, but not bad for a steel bike at this level.

06 by Benny Watson, on Flickr

The fork came with an uncut steerer with room for up to 65mm of spacers in addition to the stem. I set it up with a 100mm 30 degree stem and 30mm of spacers and it fits me beatifully, very close to how my AWOL fit. A low rise stem would look beter, but that's life with a neck that won't bend much.

12 by Benny Watson, on Flickr

I've only had time for a couple of short rides on my home dirt road route. So far I'm very pleased with the ride, the handling and the fit. The stock gearing is not as low as I want, but it should improve when I change the crank to a 46/30. I also plan to change wheels, but I'll first have to get an 11 speed freehub for the DT 240 hub on my Roval Carbon wheels. I'll give a more detailed ride report once I get some good miles on the bike. So far, so good.

dd3 by Benny Watson, on Flickr

dd2 by Benny Watson, on Flickr