View Single Post
Old 08-21-17, 08:47 PM
BluesDawg
just keep riding

Bikes: 2018 Black Mountain Cycles MCD,2017 Advocate Cycles Seldom Seen Drop Bar, 2017 Niner Jet 9 Alloy, 2015 Zukas custom road, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB, 1980ish Fuji S-12S

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 22 Posts
Here's a

As for my own impressions, I'm liking the bike more each time I ride it. I find the ride and handling to be very comfortable and neutral. Not quick and snappy like a cross bike and not as sedate as my AWOL. The bike rides down fast gravel descents with confidence, holding its line, but responds to steering inputs to avoid limbs, rocks and potholes. I'm much happier with the gearing since I swapped the 50/34 stock crankset for the 46/30 of my Sugino OX601D, still combined with the stock 11-32 cassette.

I am still running the stock wheels and tires and have been fortunate enough to have had no flats with the tubed tires. I have been delayed in using my carbon Roval wheels until I change the freehub to a 11 speed version. I'll likely first go with the 650B dynamo hub wheels I just finished building once I get a pair of WTB Byway 650Bx47mm roadplus tires.

Here is the bike after riding the Red Clay Ramble last weekend. I'm thinking of getting a frame bag to fill that huge space between the top tube and the water bottles. I'm definitely planning to do some light bikepacking on this bike.

024 by Benny Watson, on Flickr