View Single Post
Old 05-18-19, 04:24 PM
randyjawa 

Bikes: 1958 Rabeneick 120D, 1968 Legnano Gran Premio, 196? Torpado Professional, 2000 Marinoni Piuma

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1370 Post(s)
Liked 1,743 Times in 934 Posts
And Randy, when did you get $1000 for a PX-10? Market has softened up over the last several years.
I could look it up but let's say eight to ten years ago. As for the market softening, it has darn near melted except for the truly collectible steeds. Higher end vintage stuff seems to have increased in value, while all other quality levels have dropped in value. Understandable when one considers the present market, a market now flooded with retro looking bikes for cheap. This being a prime example of the sort of bike that has damage vintage bicycle sales (my opinion, only)...

That said, I rarely offer to sell bikes, anymore. People, for some reason, contact me these days, seeking specific bikes ready to go or I get asked to build one for the individual involved. My most recent French bike to go was a Motobecane Grand Jubilee (two years ago) and it sold for a pretty good price also...

I think that I have a big advantage, over the average guy or gal who is into the vintage bicycle interest. That advantage is MY "TEN SPEEDS", a website that I published to help others stop making mistakes in buy, building and selling vintage bicycles. Since then, things seem to have gotten better and better for me, even though I no longer pursue any kind of volume.

And, I still like to find old bikes. I mean, I really LIKE to find old bikes and bike number three, in one week of hunting (for lack of a better word), is this really clean and little used Rocky Mountain, that came my way this morning when attempting to help others...

Last edited by randyjawa; 05-18-19 at 04:28 PM.