View Single Post
Old 03-08-14, 01:17 PM
jim83

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Zero7
Did you happen to stay down in the drops more than usual when this occurred? That can stretch your hamstrings if they aren't loosened up, especially if you're driving a big gear. If nothing has changed since your fit, and everything was good for months after the fit, then it's probably a fluke injury.

Cheers
I can remember the ride when I got back and thought my legs were more sore than normal (wasn't on the drops for any longer than usual) and it was a nice day, roads were clean and not slippery for once so my pace was a lot quicker than it had been over the winter months. I'm pretty much convinced it's my own fault for pushing too hard. Absouletly nothing has changed on my bike fit, I even took measurements a few weeks back to make sure because I was getting paranoid about it!

It's been improving, the last couple of weeks my legs have been sore the evening after a ride but the next day no pain at all, but then sitting at a desk in an office all week I don't think helps so they do tighten up a bit towards the end of the week. Now the weather is getting better and the days staying lighter for longer I can start getting out during the week as well. Going to invest in a turbo trainer this year though so I can keep at it during the winter.

Only been cycling properly for a year so guess I'm still learning.