Old 07-07-19, 07:18 PM
KraneXL

Bikes: Cannondale Quick SL1 Bike - 2014

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3405 Post(s)
Liked 240 Times in 185 Posts
Originally Posted by Rje58
You seem to be implying that supplements are only for those people who delude themselves into thinking that using supplements can overcome the consequences of an unhealthy diet and unhealthy lifestyle, not because they have any real world benefits.

Nope, just the opposite!

Unless professional athletes and professional sports teams are "deluding themselves" as well. Many professional athletes and professional sports teams use supplements - all the while many of whom are on strict dietary and workout regimens.

My doctor is the one who told me that I definitely need to use CoQ10 because I take statin drugs which are known to deplete the natural stores of CoQ10 within the body. While researching what my doctor told me, I came across more than one study of athletes where the CoQ10 groups showed greater endurance and faster recovery times than the placebo group. That's why so many professional athletes use CoQ10. It is not a banned substance in many sports.

But like I stated in my previous post: individual freedom and individual choice are critical to everyone being able to decide for themselves, act accordingly, and accept the consequences, good or bad. If you don't think supplements of any kind have any value, then don't take supplements of any kind.

But in my opinion, thinking that no supplements are worthwhile, useful or necessary is just as lacking in understanding as believing all the wild claims made about supplements that truly are little more than "snake oil".

Supplements are like people: some are great, some suck, some are helpful, some are dangerous - most fall somewhere in between the extremes.
Supplements as used in my posts have nothing to do with emotionalism, rather fill a void due to poor diet or the body's own lack of absorption.

For example, sometimes you can't eat enough vitamin D foods in a day without cause an imbalance some place else. In that instance, a simple supplement with vit D would be the solution. I hope I was clear this time?