Old 04-09-19, 07:29 AM
alloo

Bikes: 2022 Priority Coast, 2022 Priority Current

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked 137 Times in 99 Posts
Bikes vs Ebikes

I have ridden mopeds in my youth as well as bicycles. I have been car less for 14 years now by riding a motorscooter. I'm considering getting a ebike to get in better shape. I am diabetic in my mid 50s and consider the ebike in the no man's land of bicycles, no insurance, bike lanes, lower maintenance costs and a healthier lifestyle. If I was still in my 40s, I would consider a regular bike. I want an ebike but am having a hard time justifying the cost $2000, since I could by a 50cc scooter for that same amount used without the health benefits.

I want a beach cruiser style bike maybe a older person bike. Not sure. I've been hemming and hawing between different bikes, Electra, Sixthreezero, Firmstrong feet forward designs. I think I would start out riding around the neighborhood, then gradually commuting, by catching public transportation for a part of my trip and gradually increasing the ride distance. The economy of riding a bicycle also appeals to me. We will see as I need to get more active, walking helps, but cycling extends the range. Maybe I'll meet more people. Where I live also requires that I store my bike in my 3rd floor condo. Not to convenient

For ebikes I like the Yamaha Cross Connect, Trek Verve+, Blix Prima, Blix Sol. Another commuting choice is that our public transportation doesn't allow bikes over 55 lbs on their bike racks. I am 5'7" 250 lbs, used to swim, and surf a lot, but trying to find my landlocked hobby and passion. I've been inspired by bicycle riders who have no lower threshold for cold weather riding in Denver. I am a four season scooterist. The ebike also appeals to me for aid up hills, possibly extending my range, sort of like insurance.

We will see. Any advice or tips are always appreciated. Thank You.

Last edited by alloo; 04-09-19 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Adding more info