View Single Post
Old 11-03-05, 06:11 PM
cyclesematic
Fat Guy on a Little Bike

Bikes: Habanero Titamium Team, Cannondale Criterium, Team Fuji Time Trial, Specialized Stumpjumper, Little 500 Roadmaster, Schwinn Prelude (1st bike), Schwinn 754 (2nd bike), Marinoni Time Trial Bike, K2 Enemy Cyclocross Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Corcis
Cyclesematic: Details? I'm new to the road bike subtypes, but I'll give it a go: Double chainring, single rear cog (derailler, not horizontal dropouts), the headset and frame angles look kind of like a trackbike of some sort. The wheels, 700c in the rear and 650c in front? And what kind of handlebars are those? It looks like a fun ride!

?80's vintage Fuji time trial bike aka. "funny bike." 700c Cosmic Elite rear wheel with 650c front wheel built on a 105 hub and a Rigida rim. I'm using a 12-21 8 spd Dura-Ace setup (Crankset, shifters, brakes, etc), Cinelli stem and Nitto bars.

I just ride if for fun sometimes when I feel like a change of pace. It's very different from the regular road geometry (read: very low and fast).

Other bikes in the stable:
56cm Habanero Team edition, mixture of 8 & 9 speed Dura-Ace parts, Profile BRC fork (recently cracked), Speedplay pedals. Oh, if you like wide bars, try the Titec Malones; very wide and comfy.

56cm Marinoni built from Columbus SLX with Dura-Ace mixture.

56cm 80s Cannondale Criterium for a beater. Heavy and fast.

56cm IRO Mark V. Building it tomorrow night!!

Misc other stuff....