View Single Post
Old 11-06-05, 09:14 PM
roadracer13
BianchiBeaatch!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Boy this is some thread! I am 6'2" and about 210. I was 230lbs nine months ago, but a few miles have helped to change that. I have not ridden like I wanted in the last month and can feel me getting fatter... the issue in weight is, I put on leg muscle while I am taking off fat... so my weight does not change dramatically. So while I am getting fat again, my legs are getting smaller.

I went out for a 32 miler today... and hope this is the jump start I need to get focused again. I love trying to loose weight this time of year... Halloween Candy, then Thanksgiving food, followed by loads of Christmas Parties and New Year candy... a total challenge. Eating right decent during the holidays, to me, is like trying to do a century... quite a challenge.

I started riding to loose weight. Then my little motorcycle racing buddies started to smoke me... so now I want to get down to 180 ish and race!!

I ride a couple bikes, but my favorite is a 2005 Bianchi 928 Carbon Lugged. The 928L is an all Carbon Frame with Campy Record Group. If I put my Carbon Campagnolo Bora Wheels on the bike it weighs 16.4 lbs! So scoff to all those who think us big guys can't ride Carbon or have light stuff. I won't go to Ti peddles or Ti Skewers, but 16.4 with a 61CM frame is great in my opinion!