Old 12-21-18, 12:10 PM
Cyclist0108
Occam's Rotor

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2366 Post(s)
Liked 2,331 Times in 1,164 Posts
Originally Posted by phtomita
I am thinking in some near future to try a nice touring trip from the Olympic Peninsula down to California (not really know where to exactly but starting on thinking about it).

I did this past Summer a nice loop from Redmond - Mukilteo - ferry - Clinton - Coupeville - ferry - Port Townsend - Kingston - ferry - Edmonds - Redmond. All really nice except the Coupeville ferry cancelled for about 2 hours because of low tide

The previous year I did a ride from Port Gamble to Sul-doc hot springs (rode the south part of the Lake Crescent)

@wgscott: From Port Angeles to Oregon, which route did you took (more specifically the south part)? Is "the textbook" the best guide for touring the west coast down to California?

How you guys come back home? Amtrak ca be a good one reserving a nice bed.
I was a grad student at Berkeley at the time, so the end was home. (We did SF to LA a few years previously.) I flew into Seattle and we had a friend drop us off at Port Angeles. The route was US 101 the whole way (becomes CA1 at Leggit.) We followed the book mostly, but also what were then called Bikecentennial maps.