View Single Post
Old 07-21-20, 08:02 AM
abshipp 

Bikes: 1975 Motobecane Grand Jubile, 2020 Holdsworth Competition, 2022 Giant Trance 29 3

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3361 Post(s)
Liked 3,638 Times in 1,244 Posts
Originally Posted by phrantic09
My wife forbids me to get a MTB because there’s a high degree of likelihood I’ll kill myself on one.

It’s too bad because we have a great trail system that you can ride to from any house in this neighborhood.
I think my overall lack of confidence in my bike handling skills keeps me safe, I'm just too scared to take any risks

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr
I bought a MTB a few years ago and cracked a rib on the second ride. I promptly sold it.

I bought a cheap gravel bike a year ago and rode a few gravel routes. The whole time, I kept thinking if I fall off, that rocky crap is going to hurt and the rash is really going to be messy. I'm cleaning it up this morning in preparation for sale.
Yeowch! Just scrapes and bruises for me so far, I usually have one or two good spills per season.

Originally Posted by MoAlpha
Wow. Glad you got off easy!
A new development this morning is a nice Ø 3" nebula on my waist. A bit of a stiff neck, too. I don't remember smacking my head against anything but I wouldn't be surprised that I tweaked things a little bit.