raffivegas

Bikes: Huffytoss Blackwater, Pure Fix OG Fixie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by BicycleBicycle
Do you go to an actual stylist?
My mom is a hair stylist, and I'm happening to relocate to Sacramento, CA, so she gave me a haircut Doesn't usually happen that way. What usually happens is my wife and I usually pray and then my wife, who is not a hairstylist, cuts my hair, with varying results.

.. unless you posted the video just to troll, in which case, good job.
Not posting to troll.

It might be “up and running” but that pedal/wheel overlap is an accident waiting to happen. YRMV.
I had a semi-pro triathlete / biker enthusiast with lots of miles and experience and clout check out the bike and he said it was fine to ride. Didn't seem bothered by any of it, said he had a bike with actual kinks in the frame that, from what I gathered, he rode.

In any case, whether or not he's right or wrong, I got this as a burner to ride for a month until I find a house to rent in the Sacramento area. All my family's personal belongings are in long term storage in Las Vegas as we try to get situated here in Sac. I like to have projects and thought it might be fun to piece together a burner for the next couple of weeks. I was half expecting to get scammed, but wasn't expecting to deal with a busted frame, so I'm making the most of it. I think I can ride it like this for a month or two and toss it or use it for parts in the future. I'll be riding it along a flat river trail here with my wife and 7 year old. They ride fairly slow, safe, and steady, and I'm going to get them some Huffy Tosses from Target for now. My wife only learned to ride a year or two ago and has already forgotten how to ride. My son has a CO-OP 16" in Vegas.

The pedal on my fixie just slightly grazes the wheel at a very specific angle. I think if it happens at speed, it'll flick the pedal upward and not completely bind the wheel and stop it from spinning. All that said, I enjoyed riding not only a fixie for the first time, but a 700c wheeled bike. Also wondered what a 58cm frame would feel like (I'm 6'1"), and now I know. I appreciate all the input.