View Single Post
Old 12-19-20, 03:51 PM
Buddy Hall

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
It's hard to beat the Showers Pass rain jackets. I use the optional hood and leave it attached all the time - I wear the hood under my helmet and stay warm and dry that way. I like the Nutcase helmets for touring for a couple of reasons, the main reason being that they have a good visor that helps protect you from the sun and helps prevent raindrops from dripping on your face - if you have used a helmet with no visor or nor much of a visor, you realize that raindrops in your face is pretty annoying. I have rain booties for hard downpours, and they are helpful - but if you ride long and hard enough your feet will sweat such that they might as well have gotten wet from the rain. I have Showers Pass rain pants, and I have toured with them, but unless you are going to tour in very cold conditions I don't think they are worth taking along - the jacket will protect you adequately as you cycle along, you don't really need pants. My Showers Pass rain jacket also serves as my warm jacket when I'm touring in the mountains in the summer and it gets cold at night. I'm not a Showers Pass salesman, but I must say that everyone I know that uses them is very well pleased - but their gear isn't cheap. Best wishes,

Buddy Hall