View Single Post
Old 12-26-20, 02:26 PM
crandress 

Bikes: 1980 Mercian Vincitore, Bridgestone MB3, Atala Corsa GS, Bottecchia Gran Turismo, 1953 Terrot

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Liked 52 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Tourist in MSN
Upgrading from what? Did you tour on that or would you be new to touring? What kind of touring do you do, or plan to do?

By type of touring, what I am getting at is on pavement or will there be a significant gravel component? Loaded touring with camping gear or motels (credit card touring)? Long or short trips (days or weeks)? Etc.

I have bar end shifters on some bikes, brifters on others, that is personal preference.
I have a 1980 Mercian touring bike. I have never done, nor do I plan to do, loaded touring. Credit card touring or long rides. I just prefer the geometry of a touring frame and a steel frame, but want to upgrade to disc brakes and more modern components. 9-10 speed, brifters or bar ends. Except for my mountain bike, I only have used downtube shifters to this point. My newest bike is a 1992 Bridgestone MB-3 mountain bike. I have considered upgrading this, but would stay with the current canti brakes.

Crapmaster Emeritus