View Single Post
Old 02-28-19, 06:54 PM
Fastfingaz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by RichardHaas
I have a few bikes but the most comfortable for now is a cruiser style bike. Someone gave me a womens mountain bike and am now going through it for maintenance and cleanup.
I have a prosthetic left leg and sometimes the cruiser is a little hard to get on and off by swinging my good or bad leg over the saddle and top rail.
I am just wondering if many men ride a womens bike for ease of getting on and start going. Once I am going, I feel good with the cruiser but it is only a 7 speed and inclines give me a little trouble if I haven't built up enough speed to compensate for the incline.
I am 73 years old and just bike for the exercise and scenery viewing along local greenways. I don't ride roads because I don't trust my riding and others in cars don't seem to care or lookout for a bike rider.
The gearing would be great with the mountain bike since I would have many more to choose from and getting on and off would be a lot better also.
Do many men ride womens bikes**********?
Just something that popped in my head while working on it and just wondering about it.
Any comments about this would be great.

Thanks
Richard
sir that terminology went out with the dail phone,,,,,,, what you have now is a step thru frame which is very comfortable and convenient,,,, I my opinion that should be the classic frame design for men's bikes, less danger for those sudden stops or when your foot slips off the pedal and your body impacts the top tube,,,,,, I have two of them.......bikes that is........